1 SERVINGS 5 MINUTES
Give your coconut a green tea kick with this Matcha Coconut Boba recipe from the seriously stylish boutique cafe chain, Alfred Coffee .
You’ll find this tasty drink served in our coconuts at Alfred locations all over Los Angeles, including Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Koreatown and Melrose Place coffee and tea houses.
- 1 fresh, young coconut (or 8 oz of coconut water)
- 1 level teaspoon ceremonial-grade matcha
- 1/4 cup freshly cooked boba, preserved in simple syrup
- Crack open the fresh coconut.
- Pour out 4 oz of coconut water into a bowl or blender.
- Whisk or blend the matcha powder into the extracted coconut water.
- Add boba to the coconut.
- Pour combined coconut water and matcha back into the coconut. Stir and serve.